Just watched THE KINDRED (1987) for the first time, unfortunately via the absolutely terrible-quality copy that's on YouTube, but still totally loved the movie... now way too tempted by @synapsefilms' recent fancy blu-ray edition... https://t.co/ZsdKafvlzZ pic.twitter.com/BxJ3yGBUZ1— Jason Adams (@JAMNPP) April 8, 2022
In the 25 year history of Synapse Films perhaps no film in the company's storied history had as long a road to shelves as The Kindred, which took many years and a lot of hard work to complete. Now, The Kindred is finally unleashed on Blu-ray this October 25th with a stellar new 4K restoration of the complete, unrated version of the film, accompanied by plenty of extras, making it perfect monstrous viewing for Halloween 2022!
Academy Award-winning screen legends Rod Steiger (In the Heat of the Night; Duck, You Sucker) and Kim Hunter (A Streetcar Named Desire; Planet of the Apes) star in The Kindred, a chilling tale of a genetic experiment gone wrong… very wrong!
Kim Hunter is Dr. Amanda Hollins, a molecular scientist who calls on her son John (David Allen Brooks) to eliminate all evidence of her genetic experiments… most specifically her “Anthony Journals.” Dr. Philip Lloyd (Steiger), an acquaintance of Hollins who is familiar with her experiments, wants to continue her studies no matter the cost! John heads to his isolated childhood home with a group of friends to uncover his mother’s research and destroy it all. There’s something else in the house, however… something watching and waiting… a tentacled creature born from the desire to alter human evolution. It’s evil. It’s mad. It’s ready to kill!
One of the best “creature features” of the 1980s, utilizing all practical special effects, The Kindred also stars Amanda Pays (TV’s The Flash, Leviathan) and Talia Balsam (TV’s Mad Men, Homeland).
SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- New 4K restoration of the unrated version of the film.
- New 5.1 stereo surround sound remix (Original 2.0 mono theatrical mix also included).
- Audio commentary with directors Jeffrey Obrow and Stephen Carpenter, moderated by horror journalist Steve Barton.
- Inhuman Experiments – The Making of “The Kindred”, an all-new documentary produced by Red Shirt Pictures (52 mins.), nominated for the 2022 Rondo Award for “Best DVD/Blu-ray Extra”.
- A special compilation of creature effects artist Michael McCracken, Jr.’s never-before- seen on-set footage.
- Still gallery and original storyboards.
- Original theatrical trailer, original video promotional trailer and TV spots.
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
This release of The Kindred is REGION FREE for world-wide playback.
VIDEO: High-Definition 1080p (1.78:1) Presentation / AVC
AUDIO: DTS-HD MA 5.1 English Stereo Surround and Original Theatrical 2.0 English Mono
SUBTITLES: English for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
I watched in on YouTube also,great movie.
Post a Comment